Windows 7/mac os x dualboot

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by brad7677, Feb 19, 2011.

1. brad7677 macrumors newbie

Hi, i've been trying to figure out a way to run the iphone sdk on windows, but it seems as though the only possible solution, without buying a mac, is to run mac os x on my pc. i've tried it before, and the build i was using wouldn't support my processor. i have a compaq Presario CQ60, running a single core celeron processor, with windows 7. i was wondering what the best mac os x software would be to use, and if i should try and make a dual boot with windows 7, or use a virtual solution like vmware. any further advice/instructions would be helpful.
    thanks in advance.

-Brad

2. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

The easiest solution might be to check craigslist for a used hackintosh or Mac mini. Your hardware is going to make it pretty difficult.

3. brad7677 thread starter macrumors newbie

someone told me that is was possible to download the sdk in it's current dmg format and convert it to an iso, then from there you could burn it to a disc, and run the installer on your computer, just like a windows program. does anyone think this could be possible, and if so would everything work properly?

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Don't go there. It doesn't work that way.

See this thread for the cheapest hardware options for iOS development. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1095673

B

5. mrburns05 macrumors newbie

mrburns05

California, Somewhere between LA and San Diego
    i would definitely look around for an old macbook or something, you can find a 15'' MacBook Pro on craigslist these days for a couple hundred bux, well worth it, i used to run hackintosh before i got a real mac, pain in the the but patching CPUID's, editing kEXT files, and performing a bunch of commands and installing custom packages to suite your hardware... really isnt worth the effort.

I gave my old macbook pro away just a couple weeks ago...

6. brad7677 thread starter macrumors newbie