Windows 7 Mac Pro Compatability issues

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Quasimoto16, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Quasimoto16 macrumors newbie

I have a Mac Pro(1,1)2006 model and i have windows 7 installed and running. I can't use bootcamp to install drivers. However it seems to work fine out of the box except for a few issues. 1 is it says *Address problem with Apple Memory GPE event. The other problem is it says the *SM bus is not compatible with this version of windows. I'm not sure about the Apple memory error but I understand the SM bus must be a system hardware monitor controller so will this negatively affect my system. For instance, if I run a game would the system not now to increase system fan speed and harm my computer. And does anyone know how to fix the problem. Thanks.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

You didn't say, but I assume, 64 bit? 32 bit is actually supported by the Boot Camp 3.x installer.

There are plenty of threads on running 64 bit W7 on Mac Pro 1,1, and where to get the missing drives, for example http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=825971 . Did you modify the installer as per "jowie's method?" to work around the EFI32 issue?

Do some google digging though the forum and see what comes up.

B

3. Quasimoto16 thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't modify the installer using jowies method and it is 64bit windows. I will go ahead and do that and reinstall windows 7. Thanks.