Windows 7, Microsoft 2007 and Microsoft Office Project 2007.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by joielai, Jul 5, 2010.

1. joielai macrumors newbie

Hi everyone ^_^

This is my first post and I've a couple of questions and did searched for it on the internet but unfortunate ...

For my study Multimedia designer, I am planning to get a Mac Pro but my school wants us to get a D*ll V laptop, windows 7 with these software:

Adobe CS4 Master Collection
    Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007
    Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007

I didn't choose for this D*LL laptop because its a 17,3" one and with my schoolbooks and etc in my bag, it would be pretty heavy for me.I hope that someone in this forum knows the answers on my questions and I really appreciate your help cos I even asked my friends and family about it but unfortunate, no luck so far :)

Question 1: I've a copy of Windows XP and a update of Windows 7, can I install it on myMac Pro?

Question 2: Is there any difference between MS Office for Mac 2008 and Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007?

-I know that MS Office Enterprise 2007 have:
    Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, InfoPath, OneNote and Groove.

Question 3: When I have installed Windows 7, can I install MS Office Enterprise 2007 and MS Office Project Professional 2007 on my Mac pro ?

I am not sure if someone can answers my questions but any advise is very welcome!!! Thank you in advance!:)

2. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

1. do you mean win7 upgrade?
    2. 2008 on the mac isn't as good as 07 on the pc, it's underwhelming when going from 2007 pc to 2008 mac, but I mean, 2008 works if that's what you're asking
    3. yes, bootcamp or use a virtualization program like parallels and you can install/run those two programs

3. joielai thread starter macrumors newbie

1. yes, from windows Xp to windows 7
    2.Thank you ^_^
    3. My apologies, I haven't got my *Mac Pro yet but you mean, if I managed to install the windows 7 on the Mac Pro, I can install Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 and Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007, right?
    -forgive me, my english isn't so good, I'm from Holland ^_^

*I wanted to check first if its possible and then get the Mac Pro later otherwise I'll end up with 2 laptops ^_^

Edited: Thank you so much for your help!!!

4. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

Yes, once you install windows 7 onto your macbook pro, you can easily install the programs that you need (MS Office Enterprise 2007 and MS Office Project Professional 2007).

5. joielai thread starter macrumors newbie

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I was checking on the Apple store if I could contact them with my questions ... You really helped me a lot!!! Many many thanks!!!