Windows 7 not accepting Lion passwords?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by ohsnap, Oct 10, 2011.

1. ohsnap macrumors regular

I hate when Windows stops working for no particular reason. I am trying to mount my Lion SMB share in Windows 7 which has been working for a long time but I noticed that sometime during last week I am no longer able to do this. Win7 can "see" the share, I can click on it, but I get a dialog box asking for username and password. That's ok, that's certainly happened before. But now, it won't accept any u/p combo of anyone registered on my Lion box. The u/p are correct, I have not changed a single thing, but Win7 just won't accept them anymore. Did Apple change something AGAIN recently? I just wish they wouldn't make such drastic changes to the point that things suddenly become unusable.

2. nochnia macrumors member

I'm really wondering that no one else seems to have this problem?!
    I do have the same problem and I already find a solution.

You just have to disable and re-enable the filesharing checkbox in the system options of the mac.
    After that my win 7 doesn't have any problems connecting.
    It would be good if Apple could correct this issue...

3. Mattie Num Nums macrumors 68030

Mattie Num Nums

Don't blame Windows for this error. After upgrading some SMB enabled volumes on my server I noticed that Lion and ACL's seem to have a bug.