Windows 7 not detecting graphic card through boot camp :(

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by uzit, Jan 13, 2010.

1. uzit macrumors regular

Righty, Installed windows 7 today (geniune copy) to play the Star Trek Online open beta, managed to download and install it, but when I go to play it, it crashes. Went to performance information and tools and under graphics it says: Total Memory Not Detected and everything is 0MB apart from display adapter which says 6.1.7600.16385 and monitor resolution.

I have a 24" iMac 3.06Ghz with 8800 graphic card. Few weeks ago I had windows 7 installed for dragon age, ran like a charm, but I got rid of partition (dont ask why)

please help!

yes I have installed the bootcamp drivers!

2. mrmayor92 macrumors 6502

the boot camp drivers are sometimes outdated. try going to (im assuming you have an nvidia card) nvidias website and download the latest drivers for your card. i have to do this with my 13 inch macbook pro when i installed windows xp on it

3. suprotik333 macrumors newbie

do we have bootcamp for winows 7

4. mrmayor92 macrumors 6502

you can install windows 7 on an intel mac but there is no OFFICIAL drivers for it. the vista drivers do work in windows 7. apple will be releasing official drivers for windows 7 sometime soon.

5. suprotik333 macrumors newbie

ya but the vista driver dont work properly.. i switched to xp.. vista sucks in development work

6. Zonyc macrumors member

I had the exact same iMac as you and ran 64 bit windows 7 without any flaws for gaming; the official nvidia drivers from the website wont work.

Did you install the boot camp drivers from the DVD that came with your iMac?

Rollback the drivers and check windows update.