Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daverso

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
I have a brand new MacBook Pro, just picked it up from the apple store. It's a 15 inch with the 9400 & 9600 GPU... I just installed windows 7, and I cant get it to recognize my video cards. I noticed it wasn't running Aero, so after doing a little searching around, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that my graphics cards arent properly installed. Any suggestions? I've run the 2.1 update, with no results... Any ideas?

daverso

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
Under "Sound, video and game controllers" it only lists Cirrus Logic, which i think may be the sound...
Under "System Devices" there is "NVIDIA nForce PCI system managment" and "NVIDIA nForce system managment controller" but it doesn't show my card anywhere...

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Hmmm...you're not by any chance running it via VMWare are you?

daverso

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
No, i'm running via Boot Camp...
This is what my performance information window says about my video card...
Total available graphics memory Not detected
Dedicated graphics memory 0 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 0 MB
Display adapter driver version 6.1.7100.0
Primary monitor resolution 1440x900
DirectX version DirectX 8 or earlier

cainnovacaine

macrumors regular
May 27, 2009
Chicago
Try loading up your leopard disc in your Windows partition and pull the drivers off of it. Then run Windows update (hit cmd and type 'update'). The hardware is pretty common and a lot of people run it. If that doesn't work keep us updated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.