Windows 7 on an Nov A1181

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Lyftodd, May 8, 2011.

1. Lyftodd macrumors newbie

I have done some research found that my macbook is a Nov or later of 07 2.2ghz. I have a 500gb hd and 4gb ram, I have to run a program called solidworks that is PC only, I have snowleopard installed 10.6.7 I have windows 7 home premium edition but trying to install with bootcamp it says the software for my model is not supported, can anybody help with this? I have tried google searching a solution and looked here through the forum and can't seem to find a solution. Thanks in advance for your time.

2. biohead macrumors 6502

Are you using the 32-bit version of Windows?

As bootcamp has a software limitation preventing the use of 64-bit versions of Windows on that MacBook (Only MacBook Pro's get to use 64 bit despite the hardware being upto the job).

3. Lyftodd thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh sorry I didnt make it clear, I can't even get bootcamp to download the software it needs, and I am not sure on the 32 or 64 bit, but thank you for letting me know only 32 bit on this mac.... one step in the right direction, one step closer.....anybody else?

4. discounteggroll macrumors 6502

discounteggroll

it sounds like you may have a 64 bit version. Do you have access to ANY XP/VISTA/7 install disc? You would not need to activate it, just know whether it's the 32/64 bit limitation, or something else.

5. Lyftodd thread starter macrumors newbie

6. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

It's a known issue with Boot Camp - don't tell it to download the software, tell it that you already have it on a disk or something so that it will continue on and do its thing. Once Windows is installed (it will install fine), pop in your retail Snow Leopard disk and install the Boot Camp software from it. That'll give you all of the proper drivers. I had to go through the same thing with my MacBook (the original Core Duo model). It kinda sucks, but it's not really hard or anything. Good luck!