Windows 7 on Bootcamp freeze

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MrRoyksopp, Mar 4, 2010.

1. MrRoyksopp macrumors regular

Hello.
    - I have a problem. I've installed Windows 7 Homepremium on my macbook pro trough Bootcamp. When I then boot up in Windows 7, it begins to freeze. It freezes a couple of seconds, like 10 seconds, then it goes back to normal a couple of seconds again. And then it starts over again and again, until a little while after, like 10 minutes or something, then it works fine. But after a while again, it begins freezing again. Don't get it.
    But I also play counter strike 1.6 on it. But it keeps freezing all the time, just like it does when Im not using any program.

- Anyone knows a solution? Should I update anything or install any drivers?

Pc specs: 2,53 ghZ, 4 gb ram, Nvidia 9400m graphic, 250 gb harddrive 5200 rpm.

2. akswun macrumors regular

akswun

Did you install the drives from your OSX install discs? when you initially Bootcamp'd Windows?

3. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

First, you'll want to make sure you have the latest version of Bootcamp from Apple (3.1, I believe).

Then, I would check for updated windows drivers for your hardware.

This shouldn't be happening, obviously. Is everything still normal on the Mac side of things?

4. MrRoyksopp thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I've installed the apple drivers from the Snow Leopard disc, and everything works fine when im usin Snow Leopard.
    - Iv'e got the bootcamp version 3.1.

- But that with the windows updates I havent done, how do I update them?

5. MrRoyksopp thread starter macrumors regular

6. alitan macrumors newbie

Hey,
    I ahve the exact same problem. I even got the blue screen a couple of times with the sound driver... I lose sound too a couple of times...
    Does anyone know how to fix this?