Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ambernricketts

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
I have a MacBook Air and I need to get Windows 7 on my system so I can do online college. I purchased a copy of Windows via online download. It has downloaded then I put in my USB drive and started Boot Camp, all of the little check mark options were selected. It did its thing and then the part where you select your drive was chosen, I clicked the bootcamp one and it did its thing and then the install windows came up. I installed windows but now when I go to get on the Internet it says that there is no hardware. I read an article that says that I should take out the windows disc (my USB I am assuming) and put in the OS X disc. I don't have a disc. Any ideas what to do next? Please help. I'm almost ready to just go buy a PC :(

turbotoes

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2010
France
Did you install the bootcamp drivers?, they should be on the windows 7 USB drive if that's where you saved them to.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I have a MacBook Air and I need to get Windows 7 on my system so I can do online college. I purchased a copy of Windows via online download. (

Which model MacBook Air do you have, and what version of OS X are you running? Try running Boot Camp Assistant again. In newer versions of OS X there is an option to simply re-download the Windows 7 drivers to a USB key, at which point you can restart Windows, insert the key, and install the drivers.

Also, have you considered installing Windows 7 through a virtual machine such as Parallels Desktop or VMWare Fusion?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.