windows 7 on MB VPN issue

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by brendu, Dec 26, 2009.

1. brendu macrumors 68020

So Ive got a new Macbook that I need to be able to connect to a web based VPN through a company website. Only windows internet explorer will work so I got windows 7 installed via boot camp... I can access the vpn but when my remote desktop (windows xp) is open i can not see the taskbar at the bottom, it is missing and I can not figure out how to get it to display. I also can not find any of the apps that should be there. My files are there though so I know I am logged in with my userID... any thoughts on what might be going on here? Sorry if this makes no sense im really new to VPN's and not very familiar with windows so I do not know much about this...

2. brendu thread starter macrumors 68020

so after hours of tinkering, i was able to get it working. For some reason it won't work properly when logging in through internet explorer but when i set it up through the windows 7 "remote desktop connection" in the start menu it goes full screen and works perfectly. quite bizarre since on a dell with the exact same windows 7 installation it worked through explorer, but since it works this way im just happy that it works...