Windows 7 on Mid 2010 MBP

robertsawicki

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2015
Hickory Hills
I have successfully downloaded Windows 7 with Boot Camp and it is running pretty good. The only software I have downloaded is Autodesk Inventor 2013. I have a Mid 2010 Macbook Pro with 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, dual core i7 with 2.66ghz with turbo boost up to 3.3ghz. Are there any plugins I should download to increase performance or to prevent any future problems? I will only use Windows for CAD work.
Thank you

Last edited:

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
I have successfully downloaded Windows 7 with Boot Camp and it is running pretty good. The only software I have downloaded is Autodesk Inventor 2013. I have a Mid 2010 Macbook Pro with 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, dual core i7 with 2.66ghz with turbo boost up to 3.3ghz. Are there any plugins I should download to increase performance or to prevent any future problems? I will only use Windows for CAD work.
Thank you
Upgrading your HDD to an SSD will give it a massive boost, and so will upgrading to 8GB of RAM.

CAD work is almost always resource intensive.

But then, I do all my CAD work on a workstation nMP with 12 cores, 64GB RAM and 12GB D700 GPUs.

robertsawicki

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2015
Hickory Hills
Did you have to download any additional software to make Windows run? I tried running Hotfix but I received a message saying it's "not applicable."