Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fuego73

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Germany
Hello everybody,

Newbie to this forum and Mac "world" in general...

I just installed Windows 7 RC Build 7100 on my new MBA 2.1 Ghz and SSD version with bootcamp 2.1

Everything went very smoothly, and I am impressed by the performances.

I have only two issues to report:
1 - Driver for coprocessor not found (even after windows 7 updated nvidia drivers)
2 - The fan cooler start to run very fast!!

For issue 1 I have read around that it could be solved by trying to install the nvidia driver directly from the Mac OS DVD delivered with the MBA, anyone had same problem?

For issue 2 I believe it's a driver or firmware issue. In fact the fan cooler speed remain high even if I reboot and go to Mac OS. I have to switch the power off to stop it and make it normal again!!
Again anyone had same experience? :)

thanks

SK

DukeofAnkh

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2007
Melbourne
I'm about to install Win7 on my MBP. Did you go for the 32 or 64 bit version?

For the fan/drivers issues, did you try running Apple software update on the bootcamp drivers once you'd installed everything?

Fuego73

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Germany
I'm about to install Win7 on my MBP. Did you go for the 32 or 64 bit version?

For the fan/drivers issues, did you try running Apple software update on the bootcamp drivers once you'd installed everything?

I installed the 32bit, while for the updates...yes...all updates have been installed...bootcamp via apple software update...and windows update too...
problem remains...
I remember that /windows 7 alerted me when I was installing bootcamp because of known compatibilities issues (or something similar).
If you go for the 64 bit pls post here your results :)

Thanks

SK

MBP09

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2009
I did not see an option to choose 32 or 64 bit. How do you guys choose between the two?

umiwangu

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
Malawi
I did not see an option to choose 32 or 64 bit. How do you guys choose between the two?

They are two completely different downloads. When you went to download the RC, it gave you a choice between 32 bit and 64 bit (32 bit is the default option).

DukeofAnkh

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2007
Melbourne
I went for the 64 bit install in the end. I got the same compatibility error message as the OP, but in the end the BootCamp drivers wouldn't install properly. They keep hanging. I dled Nvidia drivers from their website, so my transparent start bar and menu bars are happy chappies, but my mouse won't work very smoothly and I can't scroll or right click which is starting to drive me insane a little bit.

Anyone have suggestions for getting this to work? (Aside from giving up and dling the 32 bit version instead.) All I have in my Control Panel is a failed looking install of the 32 bit version of BootCamp.

On the other hand, for Windows, it's all running super fast. I'm more inclined to attribute this to my lovely MBP, than to MS though...

m4ch1n3

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2009
follow this guide, install all the drivers in the bootcamp folders manually under compatibilitymode for vista und as an administrator (dont know if the mba shares this problem with the mbp (except for the audio drivers, other than described you'll have to install the cirrusx64 audio driver. But be aware that this driver is faulty, sound will be low and the mic wont work, neiter the internal one nor a plugged in. Check here and here please contact apple support, so the issue gets a higher priority)). for the coprocessor issue, install the smu chipset driver in the bootcamp directory. hope this helps, report back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.