Windows 7 on the 27in iMac

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by robotrenegade, May 4, 2010.

1. robotrenegade macrumors 6502a

I got everything running great. The only problems I'm having is sound. The mic is picking me up but I can't hear anything.

Also my magic mouse scroll isn't working

2. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

I take it you have already run the OS X Installer disc to install all the drivers?

3. robotrenegade thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

That support page only mentions issues with graphics or Bluetooth drivers, Ideally it should provide drivers for everything however it might not have done. I've never been able to get Windows 7 to recognise the sound card with out loading the OS X installer disc in Windows and running the Bootcamp installer.

Do you have the Bootcamp client installed in Windows?

5. robotrenegade thread starter macrumors 6502a

I never installed anything on the windows side. So I need to boot up on windows then insert the osx disc?

6. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

Correct, it should auto play and bring up a Bootcamp installer, it is there that it will install all the drivers. If you use the OS X disc that came with your iMac that should provide you with up to date drivers.

7. robotrenegade thread starter macrumors 6502a

*BootCamp x64 is unsupported on this computer model. Any ideas?

8. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Browse the contents of the disc to find BootCamp64.msi and install that manually. (Search the forum for BootCamp64.msi).

B

9. robotrenegade thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok,
    I installed bootcamp. Thanks. Now I want to update it to 3.1 but when I try to install the update it says i don't have 3.0 install. But I used the snow lep disc.

10. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

You trying to install manually or just Apple Software Update? I'd try ASU first.

EDIT: What version is reported if you right click on the Boot Camp system tray icon (lower right) of taskbar and go to About Boot Camp?

B

11. robotrenegade thread starter macrumors 6502a

I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!! THANKS GUYS.

Ok, I was using the Snow Lep disc to install Bootcamp 3.0. But remember it said it wasn't working. Well, that's because I was using Snow Lep disc and not the disc that came with the iMac. I guess the snow lep disc doesn't support the new imac drivers. Once I installed the osx disc that came with my imac it worked like a charm.