Windows 7 only working in Safe Mode

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by melodymira66, Jun 5, 2012.

1. melodymira66 macrumors newbie

Hello, I have a Macbook Pro 13" (early 2012), with Windows 7 32-bit version installed on it.
    Recently, I was listening to music on iTunes and had my screen dimmed all the way. Suddenly, the computer seemed to turn off and I restarted it. It turns on and automatically starts in the Windows partition, but it didn't really work. The screen stayed black after the Windows loading screen, but everything else seemed to work (when I closed the top, the sleep light turned on ; the caps lock button was glowing green) except for changing the keyboard light.
    When I turn it on again and it asks me if I want to turn it on in Safe Mode, I will pick Safe Mode and it will turn on properly and work perfectly.

If there's any other information needed, I'm glad to give it, I just want to find out what's going on, because I spend the majority of my time on the Windows partition now, after I installed it about 2 weeks ago.

2. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

If I were in your position. I would most likely grab my Windows disc and perform a repair install. To me, it sounds like there could have been a corrupted file preventing the system from booting into Windows normally.

3. melodymira66 thread starter macrumors newbie

It seems that when the computer turns on, the display is dimmed all the way, and I can't brighten it until I get to the desktop. So pretty much, I just try to enter in my password without messing up and wait until it goes from the login to the desktop....