Windows 7 partition - Antivirus???

PEN10k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
Denmark
Hello guys

I just got my rMBP, and I want to create a Windows 7 partition.

- Does any of you have installed any antivirus applications, if yes, which ones?

Thanks,
PEN10k

PEN10k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
Denmark
Pick your evil... They are all bulky-memory-hogging software.
I use MS Security Essentials cause it's free.
Alright. Just was wondering if anyone had any tips in proportion to which software you should pick.

But thanks for the answer!

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I too, would recommend Microsoft Security Essentials
Free and works well enough

You can also consider Avast or AVG (free versions both)
But I settled on MSE

Alameda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2012
Alright. Just was wondering if anyone had any tips in proportion to which software you should pick.

But thanks for the answer!
There's really no need to connect Windows to the Internet if you use a Mac, unless you're testing web pages you develop. Otherwise, limit Windows to just the productivity apps you need.

Grannyville7989

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
I use Microsoft Security Essentials on all of my Windows machines. I highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for a lightweight, barebones, and effective antivirus for their PC.

MaskedCarrot

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
Northern VA
Check out Eset NOD32 Antivirus. Have been using that for years.

What I like about it is that it's not a big memory hog and not bloated with other stuff.

www.eset.com

Oh they also have a Mac version as well.

kzhlin

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2012
Los Angeles
SOMETIMES places like Fry's offer rebates which essentially make McAfee or Norton free. Check the ads and you might get lucky.

Dustman

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2007
Simple common-sense should be fine. I've been using it as my antivirus since about 2008 and haven't gotten a single virus. Sometime's ill install ad-aware if I accidentally install a toolbar or something, but then I uninstall it directly after. Id rather have my system resources going to my applications I use, not some anti-virus scanner.

dba415

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2011
I have used microsoft security essentials ever since it came out and have had zero problems.