Windows 7 Phone vs Next Gen IPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Avicenna, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Avicenna macrumors member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBMBQNOHzGc&feature=popt1cus04

I gotta say asthetically W7 Phone is wayy better. Just look at the fonts and the design and flow of UI....so nice...

Unless they redesign UI of IPhone, it looks old and rusty now .Maybe its because we are used to the typical UI for last 3 years, but still, it looks plain ugly.

What do you guys think?

2. pintnight macrumors 6502

That is running on a emulator. Until I see Windows 7 Phone running on the actual hardware to see how the performance is, is when I will decide if Windows 7 Phone will be my next replacement. But, we have to wait until the fall.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I have to disagree with this. I find the Windows 7 UI to be just down right awful. There is no way I would choose that over the iPhone UI, even if it is 3 years old.

4. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I like the WP7 interface. It's smooth, sharp, beautiful, and, perhaps most importantly, completely distinct from iOS and other lookalikes (Android). That very distinctiveness should help it in the market.

5. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

I'm going to have to say "Meh".

It's definitely different from iPhone OS, but different is not always better, IMO.

Too "cotton candy" for my taste.

6. bigchief macrumors 6502a

Yea, I can see iPhone losing market share in the near future without big changes. There will be come kickass products out soon.

7. Avicenna thread starter macrumors member

exactly.

8. Nebulance macrumors 6502

Nebulance

I find the font choices of Microsoft to be very ugly.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

So we're at the point now of comparing two unreleased phones to determine which one is better

10. GrindedDown macrumors 6502a

Well in all fairness this is all we have to compare. I don't like the look of the interface or how it seems to interact. I do think the transition to a cmd-N is pretty neat. I will most likely never ever buy it, but kudos to Microsoft for originality on this (at least thats how it looks). It does not appear to be a cmd-c and cmd-v OS. I also don't think :apple: needs to cmd-R on iphone OS. Most everyone (companies) w/o Android are cmd-[ on the OS curve, but it is good to see (insert Windows logo) is looking cmd-].

11. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

Has ignorance of a product ever stopped anyone from posting anything, ever, on this site? :D

12. sinsin07 macrumors 68040

I am glad MS came up with a totally different UI. I came of the WinMo platform last year and could not see going back. But this UI has me intrigued. No it's not the iPhone interface, but so what. That does not make it less worthy, just different. Two years from now, if Apple still has the same interface, consumers may get board. I like the fact that MS is taking a page from Apple with their hardware lockdown, OS lockdown, Appstore etc.. I don't like all the Facebook and Xbox stuff, however. If I pull my phone out in a meeting, I don't want an Xbox tile banging around on the home screen. From what I saw of from the video with developer, if I remember correctly, you can't change that.

Facebook, I could care less, it better work well with Exchange, have good Office capability etc. But it appears this is for consumers, not business, which could be a mistake.

13. corriewf macrumors 6502a

The number one biggest problem with windows mobile has been it's sluggish UI. Does it looks good in the vid? Yes! Will it run smooth on a phone? Who knows. The win can ONLY go to Iphone UI for now as it is proven to run smooth and fast.

14. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Wow, clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. Design and flow of "UI"? This is a demonstration of an app, specifically the Office hub...

As for font, it is simply a matter of opinion, which differs from person to person. This is why Apple should at least make few fonts available for selection that is similar to their language selection.

15. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Considering that Microsoft is implementing strict hardware requirements for all WP7 devices, and that the Zune HD offers a very similar interface on very similar hardware to what we'll see in WP7 phones, I'd say it should run like silk.

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Oh man, that had me laughing my fool head off! Thanks!:D