Windows 7 Pro and rMBP driver issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheMadNun, Jan 27, 2013.

1. TheMadNun macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I recently installed windows 7 pro using bootcamp, but have had issues with the drivers and networking. The wireless connection would not "enable" in network settings, and the connection for the Ethernet would never connect to the Internet (constantly said "identifying"). After that the Ethernet would randomly disappear, replace itself with "Ethernet 2" then disappear again. I removed all the. Drivers and tried installing them manually, then removed bootcamp and tried reinstalling them with the support setup. None of this worked.

Has anybody else had this experience, or could somebody give me advice on what to do to get a function Win 7 install running?

Cheers

2. xShane, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013

xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

Does your BootCamp settings allow your installed operating systems (i.e. Windows 7 in this case) to connect to the internet? It could be a security feature (prevention).

3. TheMadNun thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't check, as I've trashed it and am now running it in virtualbox (need access to visual studio for university), but I'm pretty sure there was nothing like that activated. It did manage to get online long enough for me to install AVG and Zonealarm once, then promptly returned to it's hissy fit after reboot and would never connect again.

4. KPOM macrumors G5

I have Windows 7 Pro running in Boot Camp on my 13" rMBP. It works fine now, but I recall having some issues at first. Did you install it fresh or migrate it from an older Mac using Winclone? I did the latter, and what I wound up having to do was uninstall the Boot Camp drivers, download the new drivers from Boot Camp assistant and reinstall.

You might get more replies on the Windows on Mac forums.

5. TheMadNun thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi KPOM,

It was a clean install, using the latest bootcamp drivers downloaded using Boot Camp Assistant. It also gave me bluescreen/kernel panic when I plugged in the TB-Ethernet adapter. I know it's not meant to be hot swappable but that felt a little extreme.