Windows 7 Pro Student Bootcamp won't boot!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by AHDuke99, Oct 26, 2009.

1. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I successfully performed a clean install using VMWare Fusion and the Windows 7 ISO. The installer accepted by serial as well. I restarted in VMWare and it ran fine, but when I try to boot in Bootcamp, it flips to a blue screen for a second and then it shuts down and restarts.

Anyone had this problem and know a fix for it? I'm trying to avoiding burning the ISO and installing it again, but that may be the only way. I can only use it in VMWare right now.

2. P Mentior macrumors regular

Just to clarify you installed it through Fusion and not bootcamp? That seems a little backward to me. I have the Student Win7 Pro and did the instal through bootcamp and everything works great for me including Fusion.

3. AHDuke99 thread starter macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I had Windows 7 RC installed on Bootcamp, and since the download was digital and not physical, I used the virtual drive in Fusion to install it on the Bootcamp drive. So now it boots in VMWare but not natively without an error.

4. P Mentior macrumors regular

5. AHDuke99 thread starter macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I was able to create the ISO, but I used Fusion to run it since I didn't have a physical DVD-R on hand. Perhaps that's my problem in that I need a physical DVD in order for it to boot from Bootcamp. All I can do right now is boot from Fusion.

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member