Windows 7 Pro X64 and Blutooth Issue

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by HairyMacGregor, Aug 1, 2010.

1. HairyMacGregor macrumors newbie

Ok here is the deal I have a later model 2008 Mac Book Pro I recently did a refresh and installed only windows 7 x64 on my system. Everything went great and I installed all the boot camp drivers as well as updated to the new version of boot camp 3.1 with drivers specifically for windows 7 x64. Everything works fine except for bluetooth. I can sync with my logitech v470 bluetooth laser mouse, and it will work but after inactivity for 20 secs or so it will somehow unsync. You may ask why windows on a mac and that's my problem, but when I bought the machine it was the fastest on the market. I recently upgraded my hard drive to an 80SSD drive so space is at a premium. All of my work is primarily done solidworks which is a windows only program. It has been super reliable when running under windows 7 x32, but I am at a loss any assistance would be greatly appreciated to get bluetooth operating properly under x64.

Thanks.

2. claimed4all macrumors 6502

Haveing the same issue. Mouse will only connect half the time, and it will only work half the times it connects. I have even turned off the Bluetooth Power Saver feature.

3. Kaviar macrumors member

Kaviar

Logitech don't have a little app/driver on there site do they?
    I doubt it will help but it could be worth ago.

If it 'turns off' after 20 seconds it sounds like some power saving feature on the mouse. Might be taking it's self a step too far?

4. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

We've never gotten bootcamp Vista or Win 7 BT mouse/kybd to connect reliably. Gave up and connected wired keyboard/mouse. This has been an issue on our Mac Pro and various iMacs from day one.

Cheers,

5. Kaviar macrumors member

Kaviar

So is this down to the drivers from Apple?
    I'm not ruling Windows out it's just the way you worded it made it sounds like a issue on the Apple site of things.

6. areyesvs macrumors newbie

Could solve the problem, you have to disable power saving properties Bluetooth Apple Built-in Bluetooth.