Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gman901

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
Houston, TX
Does anyone know a fix to get Stereo BT headsets to work with Windows 7 Bootcamp? I've tried to get two different headsets to work, Motorola S9 and Altec Backbeats - neither are installing correctly. I am getting a driver failed to install issue on Windows 7. The solution offered is to download the latest Broadcam device drivers, but the application is taking forever to detect my headset. I was hoping that Windows 7 would be an upgrade to BT over Windows XP, but I guess not. I guess I'll need to go back to Fry's and get another version of XP.:(

Muncher

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2007
California
Does anyone know a fix to get Stereo BT headsets to work with Windows 7 Bootcamp? I've tried to get two different headsets to work, Motorola S9 and Altec Backbeats - neither are installing correctly. I am getting a driver failed to install issue on Windows 7. The solution offered is to download the latest Broadcam device drivers, but the application is taking forever to detect my headset. I was hoping that Windows 7 would be an upgrade to BT over Windows XP, but I guess not. I guess I'll need to go back to Fry's and get another version of XP.:(

Well, I don't believe Windows 7 is officially supported by Bootcamp, and it is a beta, so you might be on your own here. Have you tried to find the Bluetooth chip your mac uses? Maybe if you just found general (non-Bootcamp specific) drivers, they would work.

gman901

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 1, 2007
Houston, TX
No, I haven't looked for specific BT drivers for the devices. I am not even sure if my headset(s) would be supported for Stereo under Windows 7. I figure I could go back to XP and wait until I hear from others who are finding success with their stereo headsets before I buy the official version of Windows 7.

Muncher

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2007
California
No, I haven't looked for specific BT drivers for the devices. I am not even sure if my headset(s) would be supported for Stereo under Windows 7. I figure I could go back to XP and wait until I hear from others who are finding success with their stereo headsets before I buy the official version of Windows 7.

That sounds like a good idea.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
I've got a set of Lubix NC1's A2DP headset that works in Win7/Bootcamp. Have you upgraded the bootcamp to the x64 upgraded one on Apple's site?

DataCabbitKSW

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2009
Like SpineDoc said, make sure you have the latest update for BootCamp. Windows 7 is working pretty darn well on the MBP that I brought in from work. I haven't tested out for BT compatability personally yet since the only BT devices I have are my earpiece and my HTC smartphone (yes not an iPhone *Gasp!*) . I do have a USB bluetooth chipset (BroadCom based chipset, I'm not sure what the MBP uses) and Windows 7 detected it right upon first install. I have my phone synching over BT and my earpiece hooked up to Skype on there already. The BT support is there, if you can find a matching driver for the chipset. I'll test on the MBP tonight to see how she goes. Sadly I don't have a stereo BT headphone bit to test on.
If you are currently only going to run it in a VM or occassionally on BootCamp, you can get and try the Windows 7 Release Candidate for free through the end of the month, and it will work until March 1st of 2010. You can get it over here: http://tinyurl.com/832nco

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.