Windows 7 RC Without Wired Peripherals

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by mogtl, May 5, 2009.

1. mogtl macrumors newbie

Have downloaded and burned both 32/64bit versions in case of driver support issues.

As I custom configured my iMac, I only have wireless keyboard/ wireless mighty mouse.

Is it possible to go through a windows 7 RC install without wired peripherals? ie, is the bluetooth initiated during the install process?

Using a 2009 iMac, 3.06/4GB/1TB/4850

2. Hard-Hat-Mac macrumors regular

No, and good luck getting the bluetooth mouse/keyboard to pair in W7RC. I'm having major issues and had to break out my old $10 backup usb keyboard and mouse.

3. sascha h-k macrumors 6502

sascha h-k

install only with wired mouse and keyboard ..

BT works 100% on my imac (win7 RC 64bit), first pair mouse and then keyboard, take care nothing other BT is around ...

4. g-7 macrumors 6502

g-7

I have installed Windows 7 RC on my iMac (2.0 GHz, Mid 2007) using Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
    The installer recognised them without any problems, so I could type in the product key and select options.

Maybe I am lucky. ;)

5. Skyldig macrumors regular

The same thing happened to me. I was really surprised that my Bluetooth mouse worked during the installation. When the installation was done it didn't work untill I installed the Logitech software... strange

6. sascha h-k macrumors 6502

sascha h-k

my BT worked through installation only short time and to finish, i connected all by wire ..

7. djb.williams macrumors newbie

I installed Win 7 RC on my Mac Mini with bluetooth apple keyboard/mouse no problem, however beware of installing bootcamp software/drivers after (which I only did to fix sound) as this appears to cause big problems to bluetooth, after many hours & searching these forums I have got it all working though, so take a look at the thread if you run into the same problem!

8. mogtl thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the feedback. Will attempt to install.

9. KBS756 macrumors 6502a

having a similar problem with my mac pro and my apple wireless mouse and keyboard refusing to pair. Can anyone explain to me how I am to get these to pair ... windows keeps telling me they have been paired but they do not respond