Windows 7 repaur disk and bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Tombs, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Tombs macrumors regular

Tombs

Since installing Parallels I now find I cant boot into Windows 7 bootcamp or through Win 7 via Parallels?? Im being asked to install Windows 7 again when I boot into bootcamp (which I have on a USB stick) and I have dvd windows 7 repair disk, but I cant find a way of booting form either as of course there is no bios, any ideas? Thanks,

2. monkeybagel macrumors 65816

With the Windows DVD inserted, hold down Option as soon as you hear the Apple startup chime. Hold it until you see your boot option. An optical disc will be one of those labeled "Windows". Select that.

3. Tombs thread starter macrumors regular

Tombs

Thank you monkey bagel, appreciated. Although it didn't fix the issue...argh!

4. monkeybagel macrumors 65816

What did you get?

5. Tombs thread starter macrumors regular

Tombs

I did get the disc as you pointed out but I still have an issue with a critical file missing on start up even after running the repair disc. In OSX I can see the bootcamp partition and all the files but its my emails I want to try and recover if I can or some how fix the the missing critical file.