Windows 7 & rMBP: Sleep issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gbkrip, Aug 30, 2012.

1. gbkrip macrumors member

Hi everyone,

I recently installed Windows 7 on my rMBP. Everything seems to be working perfectly except for one thing: sleep. Shutting the lid result in the computer shutting down. I have looked through the settings. Under "closing the lid" settings it is not possible to select sleep - the available options are do nothing, hibernate, and shut down. It is currently set to hibernate but as I have already pointed out the computer simply shuts off if the lid is closed.

I have found some discussion about potential driver issues - typing "powercfg -a" into a command prompt shows that sleep is "not supported" on this device. Which is obviously odd. Those discussions did not result in a working fix.

I am wondering if anyone here has figured out how to enable sleep on Windows 7 on their macbook.

Thanks.

2. DavidFongs macrumors newbie

When the system hibernates it writes the contents of RAM to disk, and shuts off. The behavior you are seeing is expected.

As far as getting it to sleep, I don't have access to my rMBP right now so unable to help there. I'll try to post something when I get home

3. gbkrip thread starter macrumors member

Yes, I understand that hibernate is working properly. However, I would strongly prefer that my computer goes to sleep rather then hibernate upon closing the lid. Hopefully that makes sense. Let me know if you have any ideas! Thanks.