Windows 7 Shutdown

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bildio, Apr 17, 2011.

1. bildio macrumors regular

I installed Windows 7 with Bootcamp.

Except for the initial installation steps, with reboots, Windows 7 does not shut down completely. I see the "Shutting down ...: message. Not sure if it will eventually shutdown or if there is a problem. If the latter, what's the fix?

Other than this, Windows 7 seems to be working okay.

2. damet macrumors newbie

Try updating windows 7 through windows update. Make sure you have the lastest updates for Windows 7. I had this problem too, but after I updated everything, it worked like a charm. No shutdown issues.

3. bildio thread starter macrumors regular

It worked itself out. I don't remember if I did anything, like updates for Windows 7, or if it was just related to the initial install & a one time occurence.

4. ZipZap macrumors 601

Sometimes it will just sit there on some of my older workstations. Clearing cache or waiting on hardware or whatever the heck it does.

Most times it's installing something. I wait it out and eventually windows will shutdown.

5. bildio thread starter macrumors regular

If it's installing something, there's usually something like a "cursor" flashing, but in this case the "cursor" was frozen in place.