Windows 7 software update. Help please!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Zacorias, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Zacorias macrumors newbie

I just installed windows 7 using boot camp and it seems like I need to install the software updates "Boot Camp Software Update 3.2 for Windows 64 bit" found here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL979

The problem I found is that in order to install this you need 3.1 and in order to install 3.1 you need to have installed 3.0 but to install 3.0 you can't be running windows 7... :confused: What am I doing wrong here?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

You can install 3.0 from the snow leopard disc. Some of the old support documents from apple are out of date as windows 7 was not originally supported. But it is now. So install off SL disc and then install 3.1, and I suppose 3.2.

3. Zacorias, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2011

Zacorias thread starter macrumors newbie

How exactly to I install it off the snow leopard cd? I launch it in windows and then what do I do to install it?

Edit: Never mind, I found it. Sorry for the newbieness :p
    Thank you!!

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Then install the downloaded updates and/or run Apple Software Update to get the latest.

B