Windows 7 stopped booting - Black Screen

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Ytsephill, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Ytsephill macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

So I'm running bootcamp on my iMac for quite sometime now without any problem.

I don't know why, but today the computer decided not to boot windows 7. I select the partition and it just stays in this black screen without going further.

Any idea on what I can do? All my work is on that partition!
    (Also, I doubt that it's related but yesterday I remember a virus popping up on avg, I kept moving it to quarantine. Just thought I'd mention it)

Thanks in advance
    Phillip

2. adrian1480 macrumors 6502

I find that windows will occasionally do this when installing new drivers.

just keep rebooting. it'll sort itself out.

3. fryc86, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011

fryc86 macrumors member

I just had this same problem this morning. I'm not sure what the cause of it is, but can you get to the windows splash screen? Because that is as far as I would get. I could go so far as to select which partition I wanted to boot and it would begin to work, going into the windows loading screen, then would go to a black screen and wouldn't do anything further.

But I was able to press f8 right after selecting the windows partition and I decided to boot into "last known good configuration" or whatever it says. That allowed me to boot into Windows. After having done that I was able to reboot again normally. I don't know if that fixed it for good or not. But seems okay at the moment.