Windows 7 Ultimate .iso image troubles

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by AxelMonkey, Jul 7, 2010.

1. AxelMonkey macrumors regular

Somewhere between Heaven and Hell, Oregon
    How do I go about installing windows 7.iso on my mac.

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

You could check the documentation from where you legally obtained it.

3. AxelMonkey thread starter macrumors regular

I could but I know how to do what im doing but boot camp aint just picking it up. I have it burned to a dvd i inseart the dvd when boot camp said to but i get the error.

The installer disk could not be found.

Insert your windows installer disc and wait a few
    seconds for the disc to be recognized.

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I would do that. If you can't then I would speak to the company that you purchased the download from. They should have an FAQ/ Help section. It could be for any variety of reasons, including the fact that you may have burnt the image at a high speed rather than slowing it down, thus causing the error.

5. AxelMonkey thread starter macrumors regular

is there a certain way to burn it to a dvd cause I did, and i got my .iso from the same place MSDNAA. and boot camp aint picking it up at all :(

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

If you have to ask, get Burn http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/ and watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHpOXuzMMD8

It may also be that this is not a recognized version of Windows. Boot Camp Assistant can be finicky.

In which case all you need to do is insert the DVD, reboot your Mac, and hold down "Alt/Option" to get it to boot from the DVD (assuming you burned it correctly).

B

7. AxelMonkey thread starter macrumors regular

Im pretty sure it was burnt wrong cause when the CD comes up on the desktop, and I click on it it just opens to show the .iso file. so tomorrow i got to go but another DVDR and burn it right. I have Toast Titanium so hopefully that'll work

8. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Well it shouldn't show the .iso file if burned correctly. The DVD should have multiple files and stuff. Maybe use disk utility. I used that to burn a .iso with no problems. I just pop in a blank DVD then open Disk Utility, and click "Burn" then chose the .iso file, and burn it. then I'm good to go.

9. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

You cannot burn the ISO file from the Finder (which is what you did before).

You must open the .iso file using Disk Utility. You can do this by dragging it into the sidebar of the Disk Utility window, then clicking on the disc image ONCE, then clicking the Burn icon in the Disk Utility window.

10. vistadude macrumors 65816

You need to burn a disc image, not a data cd. Pretty easy to do in most cd writing software.