windows 7 ultimate not recognizing video ram

rust.puppet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Ashtabula, OH
so today I finally got a chance to play swtor on my late 2009 mbp 13" and I was surprised tosee a error related to my system specs, for some reason windows 7 isn't recognizing my 256mb of video ram and says I have 0.0mb of memory on my 9400m , I wasn't sure if there is a fix for this or not, I apologize if this has been asked before but I'm currently on my phone so there was no simple way to search. thanks in advance!

wpotere

Oct 7, 2010
so today I finally got a chance to play swtor on my late 2009 mbp 13" and I was surprised tosee a error related to my system specs, for some reason windows 7 isn't recognizing my 256mb of video ram and says I have 0.0mb of memory on my 9400m , I wasn't sure if there is a fix for this or not, I apologize if this has been asked before but I'm currently on my phone so there was no simple way to search. thanks in advance!
What drivers do you have installed for your video card. It is likely a driver issue.

rust.puppet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Ashtabula, OH
it seems to keep telling me its up to date but I tried earlier even on nvidias site and couldn't seem to find the drivers for the 9400m, I'm running windows 7 ultimate 64bit if it matters

wpotere

Oct 7, 2010
Idk I know people with the same card that can run it, I'm hoping this doesn't mean its time to buy a PC: (
If you are a gamer you should have never left the PC realm to be honest. With that, there is nothing wrong with Windows 7. It is a solid OS.