windows 7 ultimate not recognizing video ram

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by rust.puppet, Jan 6, 2012.

1. rust.puppet macrumors regular

so today I finally got a chance to play swtor on my late 2009 mbp 13" and I was surprised tosee a error related to my system specs, for some reason windows 7 isn't recognizing my 256mb of video ram and says I have 0.0mb of memory on my 9400m , I wasn't sure if there is a fix for this or not, I apologize if this has been asked before but I'm currently on my phone so there was no simple way to search. thanks in advance!

2. wpotere Guest

What drivers do you have installed for your video card. It is likely a driver issue.

3. rust.puppet thread starter macrumors regular

it seems to keep telling me its up to date but I tried earlier even on nvidias site and couldn't seem to find the drivers for the 9400m, I'm running windows 7 ultimate 64bit if it matters

4. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Its 256MB shared ram with your main RAM. The card itself doesn't have ram.

5. wpotere Guest

LOL, you are correct! I just looked it up. :cool:

6. rust.puppet thread starter macrumors regular

Idk I know people with the same card that can run it, I'm hoping this doesn't mean its time to buy a PC: (

7. wpotere Guest

If you are a gamer you should have never left the PC realm to be honest. With that, there is nothing wrong with Windows 7. It is a solid OS.

8. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

SWTOR runs fairly poorly on my 512MB nVidia GT330M, which is considered a higher rating graphics card then the 9400M.