Windows 7 Unstable in BootCamp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bloody Toy, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Bloody Toy macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I have a two year old 17" MBPro and recently I decided to install Windows 7 because of work.

I partitioned the hard drive and installed it easy enough. Updated all the drivers etc... but it is very unstable. I am running Lion OS X and Bootcamp 4.0 on the other side of the hard drive and that runs perfectly fine.

When I use MS Office 2010 it will crash periodically and so will other problems.

I have read stories of people running Windows 7 fine on MBPro's but mine just doesn't seem to run smoothly.

Any ideas?

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

are they legit copies of Windows 7 and Office 2010?

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

What do you mean not running smoothly. I've been running win7 for sometime and find it one of MS' most stable OS to date.

What exactly is going on? Also did you load apple's bootcamp drivers after install win7?

4. Bloody Toy thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes but the office is in trial mode.

----------

I did load the driver after install. I downloaded the newest one since I have a snow leopard disk.

It runs fine on my desktop, no problems, but programs keep crashing. I am trying to download from Adobe and their installation assistance program just crashes.

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

when you made the partition in bootcamp assistant did you make a disc for the drivers, im confused when you say you downloaded the newest ones since your have snow leopard but in your OP you say your on Lion

6. Bloody Toy thread starter macrumors newbie

Apologies for the confusion. It was originally on Snow Leopard but I recently upgraded to Lion. When I installed Windows 7 I used the Leopard Disc to install the drivers then downloaded the newest drivers from Apple.

7. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

if it was me i would use Bootcamp assistant to remove the windows partition then start over, when making the new partion through Lions Bootcamp assistant you will be prompted to make the drivers, make this disc then follow the instructions to install windows at some point it will ask for the drivers disc and your should be good

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think that's probably the best option, as something appears amiss with the drivers producing stability issues.

9. Bloody Toy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help guys :) ... Will give it a try and will let you know if I still have issues.