Windows 7 Via Bootcamp|Perfect Install on Macbook Pro|Not Installing On Mac Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Chocolate Baby, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Chocolate Baby macrumors member

I got the Windows RC1. I installed it perfectly with bootcamp on my macbook pro, no problems, no issues. On that install I partitioned the one and only drive in the notebook. I then went to install it on my Desktop mac pro. I wanted to allocate a complete drive to it, so I dropped in a WD blue in the 3rd bay. Formatted it, I tried both ways. Partitioning & dedicating the entire drive to windows 7. Neither worked. It started the install everything seemed normal until you get to the prompt screen to format the boot camp disk. The second after the format is done, and you hit ok it error codes w/windows is unable to install on blah blah blah.

Anyone out there experience this?

My game plan is to dedicate my 3rd drive to it. I just partitioned it the one time to see if I could get a green light. So I would like to figure out the dedicated drive method. This is what I get for installing windows, a headache

Your thoughts....

2. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

Suggestion

Re-post this on the "Window on the Mac' forum on this board

3. Chocolate Baby thread starter macrumors member

Yeah thanks

4. Chocolate Baby thread starter macrumors member

Thanks