Windows 7 Via Bootcamp running on Yosemite 10.10.1

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Holdencommstra, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Holdencommstra macrumors member

I installed Windows 7 on my imac 2 times now.

this is what happened.

got everything installed,drivers,programs and have everything setup.
    I had to Restart and there was some Windows updates waiting for me when i click restart.

after i click restart it installs couple of things in stages and then restarts but that is the final time it boots into windows.

this is the second time after just reinstalling windows 7.

Now it just stay's on the white screen or if i press option after the charm and boot into the windows partition it just freezes.

2. Holdencommstra thread starter macrumors member

Reinstalling windows again for the third time.cannot seem to find the problem.this time disabling the windows updates on shutdown.

If windows won't boot again that's it,I give up on this.time to retire this iMac and buy a windows pc.

3. roadkill401 macrumors 6502

roadkill401

What sort of iMac is it that you are running? And more importantly, are you doing the install from a USB drive or from a windows DVD?

I have converted from Win over to Mac so i have a few retail copies of Win7 around. I have been working on reloading a clean copy onto one of my old computers to setup as a games machine running Steam. For what ever reason, the install off the DVD would crash at 49%, then at 51% then at 1%. This is a genuine install disk so I thought it would work. But just for a lark, I put in an older non SP1 disk and it loaded without issue. It for me was simply that the DVD drive didn't like that particular disk.

When I put bootcamp onto my first imac, it would stop after the 2nd reboot and loose it's keyboard and mouse (wireless) support so you just get stuck. The solution to that was to rebuild a new USB install stick and the 3rd time it worked fine.

I have since moved to just running windows in a VM. works far better for me.

4. Holdencommstra thread starter macrumors member

It's an Mid 2007 Imac so it will only take in Disk.

Installation went well but it just suddenly just restarts and never to boot into windows again and if i hold option and try to boot into the windows partition it just freezes.

5. Holdencommstra thread starter macrumors member

I got it to boot into windows now.It's now doing updates step 3 or 3.

What i did was hold option and point to the windows partition and just kept hitting enter enter enter until it booted.

before i just hitted enter once or click it with the mouse and it just frozed for couple mins and restarted and kept restarting after a few mins at the white screen.