Windows 7 Virus from by OSX?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by M-B-P, Aug 21, 2010.

1. M-B-P macrumors regular

I have a Windows 7 partiton on my MBP. I wanted to know if I downloaded a Windows 7 virus from the interent using OSX, could that cause problems on my windows 7 partition? I understand that windows 7 viruses won't do any damage to my mac partition and vice versa, but could a virus downloaded from one partiton (OSX) on a single hard drive cause problems on the other partition (Win 7). I mean can't you access the OSX partition files from the Win. 7 partition, so does that mean that a virus could kind of do the same?

If you are unclear about my question please reply and I will try to clarify but please try to help. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks

2. rmbrown09 macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

No, the virus would not be able to run in Osx, and will not be able to hurt your Windows partition.

3. Moomba macrumors regular

No, the only way that would be possible would be if your flux capacitor was already damaged.

4. M-B-P thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for replying.

So, as far as I understand a windows virus downloaded on my OSX partition will not be able to cause any harm to the windows partition because of a flux capacitor.

Anyone else have any comments? And what exactly is a flux capacitor and what does it do?

5. drambuie macrumors 6502a

Here's a video of a flux capacitor, actually fluxing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ujYdi3EO2o

6. gwsat macrumors 68000

gwsat

Yep, and in the event the Flux Capacitor stops working, the only way to get it fixed is to arrange for a house call by Doc Brown, himself.:)