windows 7 & windows games.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by P90Xfit, Feb 22, 2009.

1. P90Xfit macrumors regular

Hey all!

I just downloaded and installed windows 7 on my Mac, and I just wanted to know, if any one has installed windows 7 and installed some windows games like Rome: TOTAL WAR or you know gams, like that. Reason I'm asking is because the new EMPIRE: TOTAL WAR game is coming out, soon, and I wanted to be ready for it. Or should I just go buy vista right now?

2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Ive installed Windows 7 on my Unibody Macbook Pro and it runs games better than Vista and XP which suprised me to be honest. Ive got Call of Duty 4 on it (best game ever), Call of Duty 5, Rome: Total War, Crysis, and Halo Custom Edition.

All run in max graphics settings very well :)

To be honest Rome Total War could run on a Windows 95 machine, it doesnt require a very good graphics card, its more down to the machine as well rather than what operating system you use for the majority of games. I would recommend not using some pirated version of Windows 7 you downloaded from the Pirate Bay though.

3. P90Xfit thread starter macrumors regular

Microsoft stopped giving it out, so I had to go there. It's the only place I know of to get a good .ISO :( should I take it off? I have the 7000 x64 build :confused:

You think it's bad? has a virus? I scanned it before I burnt it.

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

I cant tell you because its not allowed on this forum, but as long as you scanned the dvd for trojans and viruses and spyware and malware and adware using a heuristic scanner and after you burned the iso you should be fine.

5. P90Xfit thread starter macrumors regular

I used clamxav, good enough? You got me thinking man! lol should I wipe it form my HD? Just go out and buy Vista?

6. Repo macrumors 6502a

Repo

You have the 7000 build 64-bit beta version (which is good).

I have been running Win 7 since January and it's wonderful.