Windows 7 without bootcamp (performance issues)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Firebat246, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Firebat246 macrumors newbie

Hey guys I'm hoping I can get this issue resolved. I have purchased a late 2011 MacBook Pro (radeon 6750m 1gig). I installed a fresh copy of windows 7 without bootcamp. Having real issues with game performance like world of Warcraft. I have done this with an older unibody Mac and it ran great... But now this time around I'm getting horrible fps in game. I'm thinking it may be driver related it buy I am having trouble finding the right drivers to see if that's then issue. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

2. Firebat246 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Kashsystems macrumors 6502

When you say without bootcamp, do you mean like parallels?

4. Firebat246 thread starter macrumors newbie

I mean as in a fresh windows install. Format hard drive nothing on the Mac but windows 7.

5. Kashsystems macrumors 6502

Apple provides the proper drivers through bootcamp. If you tried the 6750m driver from ati maybe that will fix the issues,but maybe the standard windows 7 drivers run the card too fast or hot and that is causing some of your issues.

6. Firebat246 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have downloaded the 13.3 beta drivers and even on medium to high settings in wow I cant even seem to get above 25fps. I actually cant seem to find any other drivers that give me the control center. I am really stumped at this point as to why its running so poor. Even if I installed windows with bootcamp (having mac and windows) I cant see how windows side would run any better. Could you maybe give me some drivers to try out? Maybe older ones that will work better? Not having any luck.

7. glsillygili macrumors 6502

glsillygili

download the drivers BEFORE you install windows, thats what i did

8. monkeybagel macrumors 65816

You need all of the chipset drivers, etc., that the Bootcamp installer supplies. I would recommend going to Apple's website and downloading the installer for BootCamp 5.0 and installing that. Then if you want to upgrade your video card driver from that point, feel free to do so.