Windows 7 won't boot up

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by fmerr001, Sep 12, 2010.

1. fmerr001 macrumors newbie

I used boot camp to install windows 7 on my imac 10.6 and after it finishes installing the computer restarts and it'll just bring me back to the installer and when I eject the disc it brings me back up to osx without any way to go to windows. I can view the partition and it says that windows 7 is installed but I dont know how to get the windows 7. Every tutorial I see windows automatically boots up. I might just be missing something really simple, but its frustrating and I want to solve the issue. Thanks in advanced

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Hold the option key at startup, and it should give you the option for windows. If you see the apple on the gray screen, you'll have to try again.

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Besides using Alt/Option you can use the mouse button or hit play on the remote. You can also use Boot Champ http://www.kainjow.com/ or set the System Preferences Startup Disk to boot Windows by default.

B

4. fmerr001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, I was able to boot into windows 7 (using option key) but after the intial "windows 7 start up screen" the screen goes black and it never fully goes into windows. If I use safe mode I can get further but my installation won't continue, because it wont let me finish the installation in safe mode.