Windows 7 won't install.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Dmac77, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Hi all,

I just finished burning the Windows 7 ISO to a DVD. I created a bootcamp partition, and then I started the windows installation. My iMac resarted and went to a black screen with white text that said:

"Select CD-ROM Boot Option:

2."

I tried to select an option, but it wouldn't acknowledge any input from my keyboard. I know it's not my keyboard, because I tried a different keyboard.

Does anyone have any idea on how I can solve this?

Thanks,

Don

2. jonnyb macrumors 65816

I've got this exact problem and came here to ask the same question.

I've done a google on the problem but, ahem, I don't really understand the answers!

Can someone spell the solution out for a simpleton?

3. Cole Slaw macrumors 6502a

Cole Slaw

I've had the same thing happen when I tried to install the 64 Bit version of Windows 7 on my MBP.
    However, installing the 32 Bit version went just fine.
    This thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=631814, discusses the issue.
    There might be a solution there. For myself, I just stuck with the 32 Bit Windows 7.

4. Dmac77 thread starter macrumors 68020

Dmac77

I googled, and Mroogled. And other people have had this issue with 64 bit Vista SP1, and server 2008. I think it has to do with the way the EFI handles windows. I'm currently downloading 32 bit Windows 7 and I'll be using that. I'm worried about what my ISP is going to say about all the downloads this month (64 bit Windows 7 x2, 32 bit Windows 7, a few unmentionables)

Don

5. stuprint macrumors newbie

I am having the same sort of problem. I have the 27" i3 2011 iMac with snow leopard. I used a copy of windows 7 and it installed easy an fine when I first got my mac. Then I updated to lion. And tried reinstalling windows 7 wich is a copy disk. Boot camp partitions hard drive then when I try to install 7 it just ejects disk and computer restarts and shows black screen white writing saying something like insert bootable device. I also tried using an external USB drive and that didnt change. Then I tried installing an original disk of vista and that works and installs fine. I'm running 32bit disks. Also another thing that gets me is windows update an no freaking sound and service pack ****. When it should all be included in the os. Also why would apple put hd audio drivers on there disk when I can't hear **** out my speakers or headphone jack on mac and vista. Ur talking about 5 hours setting this **** up. I hate windows but I want to play skyrim game and that only works for windows. Is there a way I can use on mac? Thanks for reading an hope u can help me out as well as urself.