Windows 7 x64 ultimate on uMBP performance question.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by 10-Dee-Q, Nov 30, 2009.

1. 10-Dee-Q macrumors 6502

Bandung, West Java, Indonesia & Singapore
    hi, i just installed a copy of window 7 x64 ultimate on my uMBP 15", 2.66, 4GB ram, 9600 GT.

everything went well using the bootcamp that comes with my snow leopard dvd and also using the bootcamp driver on that dvd too.

anyway i have a few question regarding this.

-after i installed the windows, now everytime i perform disk utillity, verify disk permissions, it takes considerable longer time compared to when the machine is Mac OS only.
    previously , after i hit the "verify disk permissions button" it will says straight away like estimated time 28 minutes, then drop to 8 minutes and then to 1 and finaally done.
    now after i install window 7 on my mac using boot camp. when i hit the "verify disk permissions" it it says estimated time 1hour 40 minutes !!!
    of course it will finissh eventually in less than that , but still it considerably took longer compared to prior window 7 installattion, does anyone experience this as well ?

-the performance benchmark on win 7 ultimate x64 on my mbp is 5.6 score.
    is this normal ?
    thx.

please reply thank you very much.

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

1) As long as it doesn't take the actual 1 hour and 40 minutes to verify, I wouldn't worry about it. In fact, I never did permission repairs at all. I never see the real reason to and it's just a real waste of time.

2) 5.6 Is a reasonable score.