Windows 7

jeremy325

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
Hello everyone i am new to the site hope every one is doing well....
I have a few question....
I have a mac book pro, i have been using it for a bout 3-4 months. I use the windows 7 in parallels most of time. This is my office computer with everyone besides me uses microsoft. Most excel spreadsheets are not functioning right in numbers and little things like that.I am wanting to use the windows only/ completely maybe though boot camp. I have a copy of microsoft office to install on it. will all the function work in boot camp and is there away to make windows have all the disk space or most of all it ?? appreciate any comments

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
Hello everyone i am new to the site hope every one is doing well....
I have a few question....
I have a mac book pro, i have been using it for a bout 3-4 months. I use the windows 7 in parallels most of time. This is my office computer with everyone besides me uses microsoft. Most excel spreadsheets are not functioning right in numbers and little things like that.I am wanting to use the windows only/ completely maybe though boot camp. I have a copy of microsoft office to install on it. will all the function work in boot camp and is there away to make windows have all the disk space or most of all it ?? appreciate any comments
Yes, you can allocate almost the entire hard drive for Boot Camp.

However, I wouldn't use Windows 7. I'd use Windows 8.1 instead because of HiDPI support.

jeremy325

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
will every thing work the same. If you use boot camp for windows will you do all and everything in windows such as setting up wireless and static ip addressing or do you have to do back on the mac side and do it. i will be using win 7 i have several programs that have to use 7.

----------

also will i lose everything when i set up bootcamp

jeremy325

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
Great thanks. Will I have to have my win7 install disk or will it be already on there when I activate boot camp

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
will every thing work the same. If you use boot camp for windows will you do all and everything in windows such as setting up wireless and static ip addressing or do you have to do back on the mac side and do it. i will be using win 7 i have several programs that have to use 7.

----------

also will i lose everything when i set up bootcamp
Everything will work the same.

If you have programs that will only work on 7, update them.