Windows 7

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by beth1400, Jan 14, 2009.

1. beth1400 macrumors newbie

I downloaded 64 bit Windows 7, partitioned my disk using boot camp, and installed it successfully on my late 2008 MacBook (13.3", 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM). It was only then I found out that MacBook boot camp drivers do not support 64 bit Windows 7. WHAT??? However, when installing 32 bit Windows 7, I had very little trouble. I am up and running in both boot camp and parallels. The only real glitch was when it came to set up of parallels tools. I had to manually set up and it took longer than usual, but Mac took me through it. Windows 7 is a nice little program, but I really don't see the difference between it and Vista 32 bit SP1. I'll re-post in a few weeks if I observe anything worth noting.

2. sal macrumors 6502

just installed windows 7 too. Using vmware. So far so good.

3. techmonkey macrumors 6502a

Is it just me or is VMWare slow? See my specs below. I installed the 64bit version of Win7, could that be why its so slow? It sometimes locks my entire computer up.

4. sal macrumors 6502

i am running the 32bit version and it does seem a little slow. I increased the ram to 2gigs and processor to 2 and it didnt make much of a difference, except slow down OSX