Windows 8.1 + mavericks bootcamp issue

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by andye12, Dec 12, 2013.

1. andye12 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I would imagine this has been asked a million time, however I'm having issues with the solutions I've tried. I freshly installed maverick and finished it off with a clean bootcamp install of 8.1. Things worked great for a week or two, I never logged into mac during the time. Now I can't boot into mac, I get the long progress bar during start up, that never finishes. If I boot into recovery, I get an error saying first aid can't be completed, please reformat. So I decide to get rid of everything, but I can't reformat the mac partition, it just gives me an error.

I can see the files on my mac partition through windows, but they give an error when trying to open/copy etc. While I would love to get the files off the hard drive, I can live without it.

Is there a way to either, repair the partition or get rid of it all and start again.

Thank you for any help given!

2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Mavericks broke something with Boot Camp. When running any form of Windows, be it 7, 8, or 8.1, my machine would refuse to boot Windows when running 10.9. I've had no such problems after reverting back to Mountain Lion.

3. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

Never had an issue here with windows with mavericks installed.

4. andye12 thread starter macrumors newbie

How can i reformat my hard drive now that the mac drive is messed up?

5. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

If you have a bootable DVD or flash drive with OS X on it, you can use that. Otherwise, you might have to pop the drive out and format it in another PC, then replace it your Mac and use Internet Recovery.