Windows 8.1 Wake Issue on MBA Late 2010

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Solenz, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Solenz macrumors newbie

Whenever I close the lid of my Macbook or have it sleep manually via the charms bar it sleeps but never wakes up again. It's just a plain black screen but the laptop still has power because I have a USB mouse plugged in and the light for the laser turns on if I press the space button on the keyboard but the laptop screen stays black until I hard restart. I have installed all the Windows updates, updated to the latest Nvidia Display drivers, and have the latest Boot Camp 5 drivers. Is there any way I can fix this? Thanks. It's very annoying not being able to set the mac to sleep. I use this feature constantly so...

2. Mac32 macrumors 6502a

I have a similar problem with my late 2012 iMac, when my iMac wakes up it suddenly reboots after a few seconds (or/and I get a memory error message). Have you tried turning of hybrid sleep in power options? Don't know if that would work, but it's worth a try anyway..

3. Solenz thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't even have the option for hybrid sleep. I'm only on a Macbook Air. Do you think it would have anything to do with the bootcamp drivers? On Windows 8, sleep works fine. I don't understand why sleep would be broken for 8.1.

4. zmit macrumors regular

Just thought I'd add to the thread and mention my 2011 MBP has the same problem. after closing the lid with Windows 8.1 on Bootcamp, it doesn't wake up again. The fans seem to be going ballistic the whole time, but nothing else happens. Hard reset is all I can do.

5. LabDog1940 macrumors newbie

LabDog1940

IMac Blackscreen after monitor goes off

Running 27" Imac Mid-2010 with ATI Radeon video. After installing Windows 8.1, the screen will stay black after shutting off, or going into sleep mode. Can hear the computer come out of sleep mode, but the screen stays black until reboot. Using bootcamp 5.1 drivers (ATI Radeon 5800). I tried changing the video driver to bootcamp 5.0 (ATI Radeon 5750). This solved the problem of the screen staying black, but unfortunately a number of applications fail to launch with that driver.
    Am waiting to hear more on this problem, and hopefully a new driver from Apple.