Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

windows 8.1

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
No version of Windows runs perfectly on a Mac, as Macs are not designed to run Windows.

Comment

jmjansouzian

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2014
Tennessee, Nashville area.
Running Windows 8.1

I have been using 8, and 8,1 since they came out; mostly in Parallels, and in Bootcamp from time to time for gaming. I have not run into any major issues; one time there was a glitch with sound. The biggest issue for me is lack of support for numerical keys on the Apple USB keyboard, which I need for work. :(

(Edit: the numercial keys work within Parrelels, but not using native Bootcamp.)

Comment

ctucci

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2008
Yer Mom's basement.
Runs perfectly fine, don't listen to those that write otherwise

I second this. I have three VMs, Xp, 7, and 8.1. 8.1 is by far the fastest one, even with SQL server 2014 operating with the management studio in use too. I use dual screens in full screen mode.

Y'know... Windows 8.1 is damned fast, and pretty low impact on resources. If they would dump that tile screen, they'd unshackle themselves from a lot of ill will to reveal a pretty banging improvement over 7.

Comment

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
No version of Windows runs perfectly on a Mac, as Macs are not designed to run Windows.

Please explain why your don't think it runs perfect. While I don't have win8, I have run win7 on my Mac in both bootcamp and virtualization and it had run perfect, no problems.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.