windows 8.1

jmjansouzian

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2014
Tennessee, Nashville area.
Running Windows 8.1

I have been using 8, and 8,1 since they came out; mostly in Parallels, and in Bootcamp from time to time for gaming. I have not run into any major issues; one time there was a glitch with sound. The biggest issue for me is lack of support for numerical keys on the Apple USB keyboard, which I need for work. :(

(Edit: the numercial keys work within Parrelels, but not using native Bootcamp.)

ctucci

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2008
Yer Mom's basement.
Runs perfectly fine, don't listen to those that write otherwise
I second this. I have three VMs, Xp, 7, and 8.1. 8.1 is by far the fastest one, even with SQL server 2014 operating with the management studio in use too. I use dual screens in full screen mode.

Y'know... Windows 8.1 is damned fast, and pretty low impact on resources. If they would dump that tile screen, they'd unshackle themselves from a lot of ill will to reveal a pretty banging improvement over 7.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
No version of Windows runs perfectly on a Mac, as Macs are not designed to run Windows.
Please explain why your don't think it runs perfect. While I don't have win8, I have run win7 on my Mac in both bootcamp and virtualization and it had run perfect, no problems.