windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ventuss, Apr 2, 2014.

1. ventuss macrumors 6502

2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

No version of Windows runs perfectly on a Mac, as Macs are not designed to run Windows.

3. jmjansouzian macrumors newbie

jmjansouzian

Running Windows 8.1

I have been using 8, and 8,1 since they came out; mostly in Parallels, and in Bootcamp from time to time for gaming. I have not run into any major issues; one time there was a glitch with sound. The biggest issue for me is lack of support for numerical keys on the Apple USB keyboard, which I need for work. :(

(Edit: the numercial keys work within Parrelels, but not using native Bootcamp.)

4. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Runs perfectly fine, don't listen to those that write otherwise

5. ctucci macrumors regular

I second this. I have three VMs, Xp, 7, and 8.1. 8.1 is by far the fastest one, even with SQL server 2014 operating with the management studio in use too. I use dual screens in full screen mode.

Y'know... Windows 8.1 is damned fast, and pretty low impact on resources. If they would dump that tile screen, they'd unshackle themselves from a lot of ill will to reveal a pretty banging improvement over 7.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Please explain why your don't think it runs perfect. While I don't have win8, I have run win7 on my Mac in both bootcamp and virtualization and it had run perfect, no problems.

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I too run 8.1 using Fusion and it runs without issue
    The Metro interface is garbage, but there are ways around that ;)