windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ventuss, Apr 2, 2014.

1. ventuss macrumors 6502

Oct 9, 2011
  2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Mar 4, 2013
    No version of Windows runs perfectly on a Mac, as Macs are not designed to run Windows.
  3. jmjansouzian macrumors newbie

Apr 1, 2014
    Tennessee, Nashville area.
    Running Windows 8.1

I have been using 8, and 8,1 since they came out; mostly in Parallels, and in Bootcamp from time to time for gaming. I have not run into any major issues; one time there was a glitch with sound. The biggest issue for me is lack of support for numerical keys on the Apple USB keyboard, which I need for work. :(

(Edit: the numercial keys work within Parrelels, but not using native Bootcamp.)
  4. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Aug 20, 2010
    Runs perfectly fine, don't listen to those that write otherwise
  5. ctucci macrumors regular

Dec 16, 2008
    Yer Mom's basement.
    I second this. I have three VMs, Xp, 7, and 8.1. 8.1 is by far the fastest one, even with SQL server 2014 operating with the management studio in use too. I use dual screens in full screen mode.

Y'know... Windows 8.1 is damned fast, and pretty low impact on resources. If they would dump that tile screen, they'd unshackle themselves from a lot of ill will to reveal a pretty banging improvement over 7.
  6. maflynn Moderator

Staff Member

May 3, 2009
    Please explain why your don't think it runs perfect. While I don't have win8, I have run win7 on my Mac in both bootcamp and virtualization and it had run perfect, no problems.
  7. MacDawg macrumors P6

Mar 20, 2004
    "Between the Hedges"
    I too run 8.1 using Fusion and it runs without issue
    The Metro interface is garbage, but there are ways around that ;)