Windows 8 and Thunderbolt drivers

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by fluidphreak, Feb 11, 2013.

1. fluidphreak macrumors newbie

I've successfully installed Windows 8 on my late 2012 iMac 27" with Boot Camp. Now I'm trying to get a Magma Expressbox 3T working, but it just isn't recognized by Windows 8. Device Manager doesn't show anything Thunderbolt-related.

I think I'm missing some drivers, but does anyone know which drivers (possibly from Intel) I would need to install? Has anyone got this (or other Thunderbolt hardware) to work with Windows 8 and Boot Camp?

Thanks!

2. fluidphreak thread starter macrumors newbie

Nevermind, I ran the hardware troubleshooter and it detected the Thunderbolt port and Magma box.

3. zonesey macrumors member

Could you tell me how you installed Windows 8? As there is no DVD drive on the new 2012 iMac... did you use an external DVD drive? I hear that USB sticks are not recommended for Win 8 installations...

4. fluidphreak thread starter macrumors newbie

I just used the Boot Camp Assistant to make a Windows 8 USB stick. I read about possible problems too, but Windows 8 is working flawlessly for me so far...

5. Si. macrumors member

I've had a nightmare trying to get Win8 installed.. What version of Bootcamp are you using? I don't get the option to create a bootable USB.

6. Exhale macrumors 6502

Yeah, those people are idiots.

7. fluidphreak thread starter macrumors newbie

I just used the Boot Camp Assistant with Mountain Lion. Make sure to insert an empty USB stick and have an ISO of the Windows 8 disk ready.