Windows 8 bootcamp uses with touch screen external moniter for New Imac 27inch

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by fodster, Jan 22, 2013.

1. fodster macrumors newbie

Has anyone done this or even think its possible. My brother has a new windows 8 device with touch screen feature and its really cool would I be able to hook up an external monitor to my Imac then bootcamp it with Windows 8 and use the touch screen features?

2. Convert 2 Touch macrumors newbie

you might want to take a look at C2T. It converts your existing iMac into a fully functional touch screen iMac. It is compatible with both OS and Windows. You can find all the details for this at www.convert2touch.com

3. woodslanding macrumors newbie

well convert2touch link is dead. I have a Dell monitor I'm trying to use with a mac mini running windows 8.1. I get dead spots on the screen, although touch does work. I'm wondering if there is a driver I'd need for this? I just need basic mouse functionality.

I should mention that the monitor touch works fine with my dell laptop. I did think that there was a defect with the monitor (Dell E2014T) but it seems like more of a compatibility issue. I'm wondering if there would be a problem with a different touch monitor--is the problem on Dell's end or on the Mini's??? I can't find any touch monitors locally, or I'd try a different one out.

Any wild guesses welcome!