Windows 8 Bootcamp won't start after (auto)upate

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Jord5i, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Jord5i macrumors member

I have a Windows 8 (not 8.1, have been too lazy to update) bootcamp on my macbook pro. It gave me a warning it was going to update, which I postponed as I was working at that time. When I left & returned my mbp was back on osx, it auto-updated and restarted to osx.
    Which was fine, no work was lost. But when I wanted to go back to windows it wouldn't start. I currently do get the blue Windows logo, but after that it's just black and won't start at all. In order to get back (to osx) I have to force reboot.

Has anyone else had troubles like this and knows a fix, or am I going to have to completely reinstall windows?

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

So if you option boot into Windows, you still get the black screen after the blue logo? How long have you left it on that black screen? I'm guessing that windows had to finish installing updates after restart, but since the machine has been turned off and/or went to OSX, maybe windows is stuck in the middle.

3. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

you didn't let the update finish.

You could just start up windows safe mode and see where you need to go from there