Windows 8 Brightness Issue

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Lava Lamp Freak, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Lava Lamp Freak macrumors 65816

I installed Windows 8 along with the Boot Camp drivers on my iMac. I'm having a problem with the display brightness staying at either 0% or 10%. If I change it using in any method, either the keyboard or the slider charm, it will go back to 0% or 10% within two seconds of changing it.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I didn't have this issue with the Developer Preview so I don't know why it would do this with the Consumer Preview. I can't find any settings for auto-dimming.

2. robrob74 macrumors member

Hello, I am having the same issue on my new 13" air. I will turn it up and it will go down to 10% then 0%.

3. robrob74 macrumors member

Forgot to mention that this is when running the Consumer preview just released.

4. Lava Lamp Freak thread starter macrumors 65816

5. JohnMoody macrumors newbie

Searched posts in apple community, and found three ways to solve the brightness problem,

1. Wait for a new release of Apple BootCamp

2. Go to Nvidia or AMD for the latest graphics/video card driver for Windows 8. In the Control Panel->Nvidia or AMD, you will find the settings to adjust screen brightness.

3. Ask Mac Brightness Control software for help. $39 is required after a trial period of 15 days.

I would suggest the second option!