Windows 8 CP + MBA = "Freeze"/crash when sleep

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by -Naits-, Mar 1, 2012.

1. -Naits- macrumors newbie

I installed W8 CP yesterday through Bootcamp and USB, and everything works as it should except from one thing:
    When I close the lid and/or put the computer to sleep, it doesnt wake up again when I open lid.
    I have to hold the powerbutton down for many seconds (5-6) before it eventually boots up again from "scratch".

Anyone have any idea why?

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

It's still beta, you're bound to find bugs.

3. -Naits- thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey.

Obviously there will be bugs in a beta, but thats why I am asking here - to figure out why it happens.
    Perhaps someone knows what causes this, and it will then help other people with similar problems.
    Isnt that the whole purpose of a forum, Ayeying?

4. -Naits- thread starter macrumors newbie

I reinstalled W8, but this time I used the Windows USB tool, instead of using bootcamp to make the usb boot stick.
    Now it works just fine. :)

5. zeeuxd macrumors newbie

I am having same problem after installing win8 on my MacBook pro. Will you please explain how you fixed the problem?

6. -Naits- thread starter macrumors newbie

I did what it said in my post. :)
    "I reinstalled W8, but this time I used the Windows USB tool, instead of using bootcamp to make the usb boot stick."
    In addition I used local account instead of live-account during the setup of win8.