windows 8 no keybaord or trackpad after upgrade

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aking83, Apr 9, 2014.

1. aking83 macrumors member

aking83

HI,

I apologize if this a repeat post but I can't find a solution anywhere online.

I upgraded my bootcamp from windows 7 to windows 8 last evening. The upgrade went fine, and I could use a usb keyboard and wireless mouse. The keyboard/mouse are connected via USB from my Dell 4k Monitor (keyboard-mouse connected to monitor, usb cable connected to left side usb port on laptop)

Windows 8 worked fine, and I could login several times, after several reboots they stopped working.

If I just use the laptop alone, and boot into windows 8, there is no keyboard or trackpad at all.

Also when I log into the MAC side and look at the partitions, it doesn't show the windows8 partition?

Is there a windows8 recovery I can get into, to install the bootcamp drivers via usb?

Worst case do i need to do a refresh of the whole system?

I'm running:
    Macbook pro retina 15" Late 2013 model
    osx version 10.9.2
    2.6 ghz intel core 7
    16 gb 1600 mhz ram

Thank you,

Tony

2. monokitty macrumors regular

Worst case, run the Bootcamp Assistant to remove the partition and start over just the Windows side (no need to nuke the entire Mac).

3. campyguy macrumors 68030

You poor bugger, installing Win 8 yesterday into a Boot Camp partition, of all days. One of my partners did that too, it worked great for a few minutes after the install and reboot and then it slowed down like molasses on a cold day. He rebooted again and again. He was pissed like I'd never seen before.

I told him he picked the wrong day to install Win 8 - the Win 8.1 Update 1 went out yesterday, and his machine was set for automatic updates after the machine got its 8.0 install, and his machine was downloading the 470MB update silently in the background, and he essentially borked the update and the install when he rebooted during the download. So, with that in mind, things went much smoother today during his install. Just maybe something similar could have happened on your end? Just a thought. My rMBP is running the updated OS in Parallels 8 and my Mac got seriously hot during the update - I used a small Vornado fan to cool it down, but Win 8.1 is running smoothly today on both Macs. :cool:

4. aking83 thread starter macrumors member

aking83

I gave in and just redid the whole thing. Not sure what happened but spent enough time trying to fix it with no luck.