Windows 8 on 15" rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Soundflunky, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Soundflunky macrumors regular

At full resolution, it's hilarious. At anything less than that, it's kind of foggy. Is there anything that can be done to make it perfect? Could Apple help fix it with a Boot Camp update? Or is my screen just too good to run this OS?

2. dilutedq macrumors regular

What does it look like? I'd be curious to see how it looks at full resolution.

3. Soundflunky thread starter macrumors regular

Well, everything on the old desktop is tiny (Windows dialog boxes are smaller than Mountain Lion notifications, for example). You can read them, but it's a headache. In the modern/metro part, the font is just smaller. It's not horrible but it's just too small to be reading all the time. The panes/panels or whatever they're called seem to be around the same size no matter what.

I borked my installation so I can't take a screenshot.

4. MadIdol macrumors newbie

Not too bad

I didn't think it looked that bad all in all it does give me a head ache using it for a period of time but not as much as windows 7 did I never got that to look right even upping the DPI and things I just couldn't get it perfect.

Have you had any problems with getting the trackpad to work?

5. Soundflunky thread starter macrumors regular

No, worked immediately, and then improved once I installed the support drivers.

6. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

So, I'm new to Macs, mine arrives Wednesday. I just got my copy of Windows 8 Pro today.

What support drivers are you referring to? Are they from Microsoft or Apple? Is there an FAQ anywhere about loading Windows 8 via Bootcamp?

7. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

A picture says a thousand words

8. Mr MM macrumors 65816

Mr MM

9. naujoks macrumors 6502

naujoks

Increas dpi and its perfect. Not too small.
    Chrome looks fuzzy though and on Internet Explorer trackpad is jerky, so browsing isn't good on either browser.

10. macmastersam macrumors 6502a

when i put a windows 8 VM onto my pc, all the features of windows 8, such as the task bar in desktop mode, looked smaller than the one in my current windows 7 machine. So it should come as no surprise that everything will look smaller than you think.