Windows 8 on 2007 MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by callmemike20, Feb 29, 2012.

1. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

Has anyone had any luck installing Windows 8 on a 2007 MacBook Pro? I'm considering trying it, but I don't know how much luck I will have with drivers and such.

I currently have Windows 7 on this machine and it works fine.

2. techguy20 macrumors 6502

Does that machine meet the system requirements for Windows 8? I'd guess that most of the drivers would work and you shouldn't have any issues, but I wouldn't be surprised if you came across something that required a bit of tinkering.

3. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

If you got Windows 7 working on your MBP, Windows 8 CP will work fine, it has the exact same system requirements as 7.

4. dreamcast28 macrumors newbie

tried it. works fine except for the adaptive brightness thing.
    i installed win8 on both my 2007 macbook and 2010 macbook pro and it works fine on my macbook pro which have nvidia video adapter. while the macbook only have the intel ones..

seems like it doesnt like the adaptive brightness setting. the screen goes dark on the lock screen then goes bright again after you logged in. changed the settings like everyone suggest on the web yet it still doesnt work.
    might want to bring this to apple store and ask them..

but yea it works fine. running it on lion (macbook) and mountain lion (macbook pro)